All women in this world want to have flawless, picture-perfect skin. Beautiful and healthy skin contributes the most to the beauty of a person. Healthy skin can also help us feel beautiful.
Your lifestyle habits and skin care regimen are the major predictors of the health your skin. Some of the most important factors that can negatively affect and decide the bad texture as well as the quality of the skin include the intake of alcohol, excess smoking, damage from the UV rays of the sunlight, pollution, poor nutrition, lack of sleep, and stress.
There are millions of beauty and skin care products on the current market that are confident in bringing glowing and clear skin to customers. However, their effects are not the same. Some are good, but some are harmful and can lead to negative results. Instead of opting for these harmful and expensive products, you can try some easy and simple natural remedies to improve the appearance of your skin and increase your overall health.
In this article, we will together discover some of the most effective tips on how to get clear skin at home without side effects. Here they are:
Cucumbers contain astringent, nourishing, and hydrating properties that are actually beneficial for skin health and appearance. Cucumber improves the whole appearance of our skin by removing dead skin cells, repairing damaged skin cells, and giving it a fresh glow. Try these 2 simple methods to uncover how cucumber can help you get glowing and clear skin right at the comfort of your own home:
- First, you just need to create a combination by mixing equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Use this combination to apply onto your skin, let it completely dry, and then use warm water to wash it off. Apply this tip every day to get the best result.
- Alternatively, try cutting a fresh cucumber to get thick cucumber slices, and use them to thoroughly rub all over your facial skin. Allow it to stay overnight and the next morning, use warm water to wash it off morning. Apply this tip every day before bedtime.
Baking soda can help to balance the pH levels of the skin, which is very crucial to keep the skin clean and clear. In addition, the mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of baking soda can help a lot in dealing with skin issues, including spots, pimples, and acnes. It can also work effectively as a great exfoliating agent that can help to prevent the skin from being stuck with dead skin cells, impurities, and dirt. There are two ways for you to make use of baking soda at home to clear your skin:
- First, you just need to mix 1 tsp. each of raw honey and baking soda. Apply this combination onto damp skin and give it a gentle massage within 1 minute. Then use lukewarm water to wash it off. After that, apply some cold water splash onto your facial skin close the pores. Apply this method one time per week.
- Alternatively, try mixing 1 tsp. of baking soda with 1 tsp. of lemon juice or water to create a paste. Keep your facial skin clean and gently exfoliate the skin using the prepared paste. At last, use lukewarm water to rinse your facial skin off and use a towel to pat it. Apply this method 2 – 3 times per week.
Aloe vera offers several advantages to the skin. It contains antibacterial effects that can aid in killing bacteria causing acne. It also has the astringent effects that can help scar healing process; and the anti-inflammatory effects that can aid a lot in soothing irritated skin. Moreover, aloe vera can help to moisturize the skin and stimulate the growth of new skin cells. There are 4 simple steps you should follow at home to get clear skin using aloe vera without having to make use of creams or lotions:
- Prepare an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel
- Use the aloe vera gel to apply directly onto your facial skin with a cotton ball.
- Let it dry naturally within about 30 minutes, and then use with lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Apply this tip every day or several times on a weekly basis.
To get your skin clear, you should try to keep your skin well-moisturized. Honey is an excellent natural moisturizer and also contains antibacterial effects that can aid a lot in warding off infections related to skin.
- First, you should try mixing 1 tsp. of honey well and 2 tsp. of milk together. Then add 1 tsp. of gram flour to the first mixture and stir well. Use it to apply over your facial skin. Allow it to stay within about twenty minutes and then use warm water to rinse it off. Apply this mask onto your facial skin one time per week to get a clear and radiant skin.
- Alternatively, try using raw honey to apply directly onto your skin. Allow it to dry naturally and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. The water content of honey can help to moisturize your skin from the deep inside, making it supple and soft. Apply this method one time per day or all other days.
Turmeric is a great skin-lightening and antiseptic agent that can help a lot in minimizing marks and scars on the skin effectively. In addition, turmeric can help a lot in alleviating infectious, inflammatory, and allergic skin disorders which can give your skin a lifeless and dull appearance. There are two ways you can try with the help of turmeric to clear your skin at home:
- First, try creating a paste just by combining some milk or water with equal amounts of gram flour and powdered turmeric. Use the paste to apply directly and evenly onto your facial skin and allow it to stay on till it naturally dries. Prepare lukewarm water to clean your skin off and gently scrub your skin in a circular motion. Apply this treatment one time per week to remove scars and lighten your skin tone.
- Instead, to create a paste, try mixing 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder with a sufficient amount of pineapple juice. Use this combination to apply directly onto to your facial skin and neck area. Allow it to stay until the mask completely dries on its own. Then use lukewarm water to wash it off. Apply this mask 2 – 3 times on a weekly basis to eliminate skin spots and marks.
Lemon is among the most amazing ingredients that people can make use for improving skin health and clearing skin appearance. The citric acid content of lemon can help a lot in keeping your skin clear as it can help to remove dead skin cells, and the vitamin C content of lemon juice can help a lot in reducing dark spots as it boosts the process of cell renewal. Lemon also contains powerful bleaching effects that can aid a lot in improving the entire skin complexion of human beings. Follow these methods to get clear and glowing skin with the aid of lemon at home:
- Try mixing 2 tsp. each of sugar and lemon juice to exfoliate your skin. Use the mixture to apply onto your hands, neck, and face. Scrub your skin in a circular motion and let it stay within about ten minutes. Then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. Apply this method one time per week to get your skin glowing.
- Alternatively, try squeezing the juice of ½ lemon and mix 1 – 2 tbsps. of raw honey in the lemon juice. Use the mixture to apply directly onto your facial skin. Let it stay for fifteen to twenty minutes and then use clean water to wash it off.
- The last method is to use fresh-squeezed lemon juice to apply directly onto your overall facial skin and neck area. Let it stay within about ten minutes and then use lukewarm water to wash it off. At last, use some cucumber slices to gently rub over your skin to moisturize and soften it. Apply this method on a daily basis.
Menthol is the major ingredient in mint, which has soothing and cooling effects, keeping our skin glowing and healthy. Moreover, it offers great healing properties that can aid a lot in fighting off infections related to skin. Here are some simple steps you may need to follow at home using mint to clear your skin naturally:
- Add 1 tbsp. each of fuller’s earth and plain yogurt and 1 tsp. of mint powder in a bowl.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes to allow the ingredients to get soaked sufficiently. Then stir the mixture to create a smooth paste.
- Use this paste to apply onto your face and neck as a homemade face mask.
- Allow it to stay until it becomes dry on its own, and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Apply this method one time per week to get your skin clear.
You should this home remedy regularly to effectively change your skin look and feel. In addition, follow a strict skin care plan that is suitable for your own skin type.
Coconut oil is extremely abundant in antioxidants, helping to prevent free radical activities – one of the major reasons behind the lifeless and dull skin. In addition, the powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties of coconut oil can aid a lot in maintaining clear skin. In addition, it can help in keeping your skin moisturized and soft because this oil will be penetrating deep into the underlying tissues of your skin. Follow these simple steps to enjoy the effects of coconut oil in clearing your skin:
- In a microwave, warm up some coconut oil gently.
- Use the warm oil to apply onto your legs, hands, neck, and face. Gently massage the oil into your skin within about ten minutes.
- After that, use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Apply this method one time per day to achieve the best result.
Walnut brings a beautiful glow to the lifeless, dry, and dull skin. Walnut has antioxidants that can aid in repairing damaged skin cells and promoting glowing skin. Powdered walnut can be used to exfoliate the skin and remove dirt and impurities that many cleansing products cannot. There are 3 simple ways for you to make use of walnuts to clear your skin at home:
- You just need to consume 2 – 3 walnuts with one glass of milk in the morning on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, try soaking 3 walnuts in water and let it stay overnight. The next morning, add 1 tsp. of attar to the walnut to create a paste. Use the walnut-attar paste to apply onto your facial skin. Allow it to stay within 60 minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. Apply this method one time per week.
- Try mixing 2 tbsps. of powdered walnut with 2 tbsps. of plain yogurt to create a paste. Use the paste to apply directly onto the skin area on your face and neck. As the mask dries on its own, scrub it around your facial skin and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. Apply this mask one time on a weekly basis to achieve the best results.
The entire article today introduces 9 most amazing tips on how to get clear skin at home naturally without having to use any lotion, cream, or medicine for skin that can leave harmful effects on users. This article is very useful for those finding natural ways to get rid of skin spots and marks without needing to spend too much time, money, and effort. Thus, you do not need to have a lot of money or leisure time to make use of the tips and tricks suggested inside this article. If you have any question about this article or its content, remember to leave your comments below.
Author Bio: Huyen My – Writer and Blogger, who has over 5 years of experience in Beauty & Skin Care industry. I work for VKool.com and AllRemedies.com – reliable resources assisting people to resolve their health and life issues, as a content coordinator for categories including Health & Beauty. I also focus on fitness, women’s issues, relationship, and lifestyle. Find more of my articles on Facebook or Pinterest