Expert Advice on How to Treat and Prevent Body Acne
November 15, 2017
Body acne is very common especially amongst youngsters and teens. The way body acne develops is similar to the way acne develops on ones face. People who have acne on their face tend to have it on the body as well mainly because body contains more skin oil and bacteria, which can result in acne. However, the cause of acne can vary from person to person hence in order to identify the main reason and cause behind acne, one should consult a dermatologist. You also have as a last resort to seek plastic surgeons for acne surgery such as micro-needling surgery. Again, this is a last resort as you should go through all our natural solutions first.
There are ways through which body acne can be treated and prevented but for that expert advice needs to be taken and considered. Here is a list of ways through which acne can be prevented in future:
- According to experts, people should wear light clothes that are not fitted tightly to your body. It the clothes are soft and loose, it will help you skin to breathe. In most of the cases the skin irritation caused on human body is because of the friction that is caused by tight clothes. Apart from this, people who already have acne prone skin should wear clothes that are made up of natural fibers like cotton.
- People who go to gym should make sure that they take off their sweaty clothes as soon as they get back home. Experts have stated that if sweaty clothes are in contact with your body for a long period of time then it can lead to acne because the bacteria will multiply overtime. Within 5 minutes everyone should get out of their gym attire and take a shower.
- People who have acne prone skin should use products that have ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid or lactic acid. It is good for skin and can create treat bacteria that is causing acne. However if anyone has sensitive skin then they should use these products after consulting dermatologists. Cleansers and scrubbers that are designed for people who have sensitive skin will not cause any sort of irritation hence it can help prevent body acne.
- People who have dry skin also have chances of developing body acne hence according to experts they should keep their skin hydrated. People with dry skin should use oil-free and non-comedogenic moisturizers.
- Body acne can also be caused by exposure to sun hence people who have acne prone skin should stay away from the rays of the sun or it can lead to serious breakouts. Even if it is winter, people should try to stay away from the rays of the sun, as they can be very harmful. In order to make sure that the body is protected from the rays of the sun, people should make sure that they apply sunscreen or sunblock before stepping out.
- Avoid carrying a backpack for a very long period of time and try to switch to different types and kinds of alternative to carry your things and belongings from one place to another.
- People who are not consuming proper healthy diet are more prone to developing body acne, as they are not getting proper nutrients to ensure healthy functioning of their body. To avoid body acne people should stop consuming sugary foods, fried items, over-processed items etc. According to experts everyone should replace unhealthy foods with healthy options like fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain etc.
- Make sure that you are getting at least 8 hours of beauty sleep. Just like other body organs need rest, similarly our skin also needs rest. Getting ample amount of rest will maintain the normal functioning of our endocrine glands. It will also help in keeping all types of hormonal breakouts away from our body.
- Moreover, in order to reduce your stress levels, people should make sure that they practice as much yoga as they can. If the stress levels are reduced, it will automatically help prevent body acne.
- If you are following all the factors and elements of healthy lifestyle but still are unable to get rid of body acne they you should consult a dermatologist. A dermatologist can help you find out the causes behind body acne. He can provide you with solutions and medications that can help you get rid of body acne as soon as possible.
- People can also discuss oral treatments with their doctors, as oral treatments are highly beneficial in treating acne. They can help in killing the pimples from inside your body.
- If medication or other measures are not working then people can shift to the consumption of herbs that are considered to be useful in terms of treating acne. For instance tea-tree oil is considered to be very useful as it kills harmful bacteria that is causing acne on your body. All you have to do is to apply the oil on the breakouts and eventually the acne will go away.