When the flu season is around the corner, you tend to worry as to how to remain healthy in these colder months of the year. Apparently what we eat has a direct impact on our health. Thus, there should be a special focus on your diet when you want to fight with infections like the flu.
Many people are worried about infections in the winter season as common cold and flu are common in cold weather. Well, you can just set aside the worry! There are many foods that safeguard your health in this season.
In this article, you will know about a few of those key foods. Hence, read on and help yourself to beat the flu!
Tropical Citrus Compote
This wonderful recipe provides your body vitamin C, which strengthens your immunity power. And, this is a vital element to combat flu!
- Take ½ cup each of sugar and water.
- Mix them well and boil the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool down a bit.
- Now add 1tsp each of grated orange rind, grated lime rind to the mixture.
- Again mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture cool down further.
- Strain the mixture to remove the solids.
- Then take 1 cup each of orange sections, mango slices, papaya pieces and sections of red grapefruit.
- Add these to the mixture and toss the preparation.
- The excellent flu-fighting food is ready to be consumed.
Research clearly points out that probiotics very effectively fight episodes of flu and the common cold. And, plain yogurt is an excellent probiotic food! So, the bottom-line is very specific: Include yogurt in your daily diet and be healthy during flu season!
- Take 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Directly consume it.
- Repeat that for about 3-4 times daily during the flu season.
Latest scientific studies state that the strong antibacterial effects of chamomile make the immune system strong enough to fight off flu and the common cold. Thus, chamomile tea has to be a part of your daily life, at least during the flu season.
- Take ½ cup of chamomile flowers and 1 glass of water.
- Add the chamomile flowers in this water.
- Boil the water.
- Let the water cool down a little.
- Strain the solution and directly consume the flu-fighting tea.
As is the case with chamomile tea, even the effectiveness of cranberry juice in combating flu is backed by scientific evidence. This is chiefly attributable to the antiviral property of cranberries. It is not only a solution on flu but it helps to get overall well-being. The regular consumption of this juice is very beneficial for health.
- Take 2 cups of cranberries.
- Process them in your juicer.
- Now have this cranberry juice.
- Repeat this regularly in the colder months and stay away from the flu.
Apple Salad with Walnuts and Dried Cherries
Here is another dependable recipe that takes care of your health in the flu season. Consume this apple salad regularly and you will not be disappointed! It protects you from the flu!
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp each of minced shallot and apple cider vinegar.
- Now take 1 tbsp of honey.
- Combine all these ingredients in a bowl and whisk them.
- Then put 4 cups of fresh slices and 1 cup of apple pieces in another bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cherries to the slices of frisee and apple.
- Toss them.
- Now blend the ingredients of both the bowls.
- Put ½ cup walnuts on the preparation, as a topping.
- The flu-fighting recipe is now ready to be served.
Roasted Sweet Potato Boats with Hummus and Chickpeas
Look in detail about this dependable anti-flu food recipe that will just work wonders for you in the cold climate!
- Heat your microwave oven up to 400 degrees.
- Take 2 sweet potatoes and cut both of them into 2 equal halves.
- Then take 1 tbsp of olive oil and put it on the sliced sweet potatoes.
- Add 1 tsp each of salt and pepper to the sweet potatoes.
- Bake these potatoes in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Take 2 cups of chickpeas, 1 lemon, 2 cups grape tomatoes and 1 cup of parsley.
- Now take 1 tsp each of cumin, coriander and paprika.
- Add the chickpeas, paprika, cumin and coriander in 1 bowl and, toss them.
- Put ½ cup of hummus in the bowl and squeeze the lemon in it.
- Then take out the roasted sweet potatoes from the microwave and mash them.
- Put the mashed potatoes in the bowl.
- Add the parsley and grape tomatoes to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Now just go ahead have the delicious recipe.
This is another food that you must not miss in the season, broccoli, which boosts the immunity power.
- Take 1 cup of chopped broccoli.
- Directly consume it.
- Repeat it regularly to remain free from the flu.
So, try these wonderful foods and recipes in the flu season and you will be happy with the end result. Drop in a few words about how this article has helped you.